The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission announced ten recalls during the week of February 1, 2016. The recalls include a diverse set of products ranging from a computer used for SCUBA diving to decorative baby rattles. The following is a list of those recalls with links to the respective announcements from CPSC.
- Children’s musical instrument recalled due to excessive lead paint
- Decorative baby rattle recalled due to choking hazard
- Power cords recalled due to possible fire or shock hazards
- Power packs recalled due to potential for lithium ion batteries to burst
- Fan heaters recalled due to potential fire hazard
- Toy truck recalled due to overheating hazard
- Ski and snowboard helmets recalled due to risk of head injury
As of February 5, 2016, CPSC has announced 36 recalls in 2016.